Chris Ellis has more than 35 years of experience in the construction and property industries in New Zealand, with specialist skills in the Project Management and Cost Management fields. His experience includes working with government, local body and corporate organisations at both the strategic planning and project levels.
Chris has a keen understanding from both professional and contractor perspectives, having worked for significant building contractors for 12 years before moving into a professional management position, which he has held for the past 20 years.
As a contractor, Chris headed up the Design and Build division for a major construction and development company. Here he developed a significant appreciation of the importance of controlling costs through design and construction and the inter-relationships and inter-dependencies of both aspects of project development.
As a project and cost manager, Chris managed all Telecom New Zealand’s construction and fitout projects, including retail outlets, corporate office fitouts and more than twenty data and computer centres nationwide. He has contributed to the successful completion of a variety of projects, including the development of Taiora QEII Sport & Recreation Centre, Whangaparaoa College, the Auckland War Memorial Museum Grand Atrium project, the Auckland Council Pah Homestead Restoration project and the Next Generation Auckland Domain facility.
Chris is responsible for the delivery of all RDT Pacific projects in his role as Managing Director, in addition to managing a select group of clients and projects to ensure successful outcomes.
Qualifications and Memberships
- New Zealand Certificate in Quantity Surveying
- New Zealand Institute of Quantity Surveyors professional study examinations
- Site Safe Building Construction Passport
- Auckland War Memorial Museum Grand Atrium, AWMM Trust Board
- ASB Theatre Redevelopment, Auckland Council
- Next Generation Auckland Domain, Next Generation Clubs
- TECT Arena, Tauranga City Council
- Christchurch Girls High School Performing Arts Centre, Ministry of Education
- Whangaparaoa College, Ministry of Education
- Dunedin Law Courts Seismic Upgrade, Ministry of Justice
- Taiora QEII Pool and Recreation Centre, Christchurch City Council
- Auckland Netball Development, Morrin Road
Waikato Regional Theatre Property Trust
Waikato Regional Theatre
The Waikato Regional Theatre is envisioned as a new cultural heart for the city and region. RDT Pacific is working with Momentum Waikato, Hamilton City Council, the theatre, community and project team to bring this ambitious vision to life.
ASB Theatre Aotea Centre
Upgrading the ASB Theatre auditorium had been planned for some time, with the funding for the refurbishment written into the former Auckland City Council’s Long-Term Council Community Plan. To maximise a restricted programme window, the project was split into two stages.