Graeme has over 20 years’ experience in the design and construction industry, working as both a client and a consultant. He has worked on both public and private sector projects, with expertise in strategic planning and master planning, long term investment planning, project management and delivery, facilities and asset management.
His experience in Tertiary education is extensive; he has a detailed knowledge of modern pedagogical approaches and the way in which capital assets and their management can enhance the learning experience and provide for organisational efficiency and effectiveness. The projects he has led for the Waikato Institute of Technology have received numerous awards and are both nationally and internationally recognised for their responsive design and operational effectiveness.
He is skilled in the creation of programme and project business cases and understands the need for property and capital development to provide for the realisation of a client’s business objectives beyond the project. He is well versed in organisational change, stakeholder, and benefits management.
Graeme has extensive tertiary education experience gained from 10 years’ experience at Waikato Institute of Technology (Wintec) as the Executive Director, Infrastructure & Assets and Campus Developments Director. Taking responsibility for all Campus developments including all master planning and capital projects, Graeme has an expert understanding of successful delivery of education projects.
Qualifications & Memberships
- Community & Enterprise Leadership Programme (CELF & University of Waikato) 2015/16
- Better Business Cases – Practitioner Module One Course 2013
- Institute of Directors Governance Essentials Course 2013
- Project Management Professional, Project Management Institute, 2006 – current
- Bachelor of Architecture (Honours), University of Auckland 2000
- Bachelor of Architecture Studies, University of Auckland 1998