Senior Project Manager John Meredith has been involved in many large and often complex projects, in the private and public sector.
John’s extensive experience extends beyond the responsibilities of delivering projects – to strategic planning and strategic project management.
John gained invaluable experience in his previous role as Land Drainage Manager for the Rotorua District Council. He managed the day-to-day operations of $60m of stormwater infrastructure, including maintenance for both the District and Regional Council’s land drainage assets, policy and strategic investigation and associated reporting. John has also worked as a Senior Civil Engineer for a Bay of Plenty consultancy, on developing major commercial and residential subdivisions in the Rotorua District.
Recent key projects include the Rotorua Police Station rebuild and new builds for the Ministry of Education in Murupara, Kawerau, Wairoa and Patetere. John has managed projects for the Ministry of Education in Hastings and Te Kuiti, the redevelopment of the Rotorua Regional Airport terminal, a fire station and the central city streetscape revitalisation project for the Rotorua Lakes Council.
John is also undertaking TYPP and 5YA work for various Bay of Plenty School Boards of trustees.
Qualifications and Memberships
- New Zealand Certificate Civil Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering Technology (Civil)
- Diploma in Construction Management (partially complete)
- Auckland University Project Management short course
- Site Safe Building Construction Passport
- TKKM Te Wānanga Whare Tapere o Takitimu School
- Te Wharekura o Maniapoto School
- Otonga Primary School Master Planning
- Westbrook Primary School Master Planning
- Murupara Area School
- Tarawera High School
- TKKM o Ngati Kahungunu o Te Wairoa
- Te Wharekura O Te Kaokaoroa O Patetere
- Rotorua Police Station Stg 2 Redevelopment
- Scion – H & I block Laboratory upgrade