Kevin Long is a highly experienced and motivated Senior Project Manager with considerable hands-on experience in both the UK and New Zealand, covering both conventional and design and build contracts. Kevin was a highly valued and integral member of the RDT Pacific Christchurch team until a recent relocation with his family to Tauranga. Since joining the RDT Pacific Central North Island team, Kevin is playing a pivotal role in the delivery of several justice sector projects.
In a career spanning more than two decades, Kevin has gained extensive experience in Construction Management, Project Management, Design Management and Value Engineering. His IT literacy encompasses numerous Project Management and Project Planning Software packages. Having worked in Christchurch for the past seven years, Kevin has built a broad network and a solid reputation within the local market. Very much a team player, he believes the success of a project belongs to the whole project team.
Kevin has recently delivered the successful Dunedin Law Courts, Structural Strengthening Upgrades Project. This high profile $20 million earthquake strengthening and refurbishment project involved liaising with multiple stakeholders, including the Ministry of Justice, Dunedin City Council and NZ Heritage.
Qualifications and Memberships
- 6 GCSE O levels
- Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (UK)
- Site Safe Gold Card
- Site Safe Consultants Passport
- Site Safe Consultants Building Construction Passport
- Rotorua Maori Land Court and District High Court Projects
- Ministry of Justice Cell Safety Programme Central NI region
- Rotorua Airport Upgrade
- Dunedin Law Courts
- Hagley Cricket Pavilion
- Anglican Church Diocese Earthquake recovery project
- Kettering College of further education
- Lodge Park Technology College