Director Simon Wilson has been successfully delivering construction projects for more than two decades. He is committed to providing outstanding professional service and promotion of sustainable development in accordance with UN Sustainable Development Goals. As a graduate of Victoria University’s Bachelor of Building Science specialising in Project Management, Simon has expert knowledge of the critical elements to successful project delivery.
Sustainable construction has played a significant role in Simon’s professional life, seeing him hold essential positions within NZGBC since 2009. He is a trusted advisor to our broad client base on contractual and procurement matters. He has extensive project management experience in a range of property sectors including; commercial, healthcare, fitout, industrial, and public facilities.
Simon provides strategic property advice to public sector clients and significant institutional land developers. He has extensive skills and experience in aligning and managing leasing arrangements between landlords and tenants.
Simon has also contributed to the development of Site Master Plans such as the Whangarei Hospital Campus for the Northland District Health Board, building an excellent understanding of how capital works projects fit within a broader organisational context.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Current Chairman of the Advisory Group of New Zealand Green Building Council
- Current Member of Green Building Council of Australia
- Director of New Zealand Green Building Council (NZGBC) 2009-2015
- Current Member, New Zealand Health Design Council
- BRE Academy BIM International Qualification (2015)
- Independent Advisor, Evident
- Green Star NZ Accredited Professional (2008)
- Bachelor Degree in Building Science, Victoria University, Wellington
- NZQA Certificate in Carpentry
- Site Safe Building Construction Passport
- Site Acquisition and Development Feasibility – Technical Due Diligence for Toll Group
- NDHB Masterplanning for Whangarei Hospital Campus
- Waitekere Hospital Emergency Department
- Waste Management Head Office and Warehouse James Fletcher Drive Development, Toll Group
- Foodstuffs Head Office and Distribution Centre
- Pah Homestead (Wallace Art Gallery)
- Hellmann, Auckland International Airport
- Whenua Pupuke – Waitemata DHB Clinical Skills Centre
- Glassworks Industrial Estate
- Goodman Podium Project, Podium Trust, Hamilton
- Fonterra, Auckland International Airport
- CourierPost Industrial Project
- Jennings Jersey, Housing New Zealand
- Panama Kealy Road Project, Housing New Zealand
- Lowery & Bristol, Mt Roskill Project, Housing New Zealand
- 6-8 Old Wairoa Road Project, Housing New Zealand
- 95 -113 Greys Avenue, Auckland, Housing New Zealand
- Tumanako Mental Health Unit – Whangarei Hospital
- New Maternity Unit – Whangarei Hospital
- Jim Carney Cancer Centre – Whangarei Hospital
- Emergency Department – Waitakere Hospital
- Tahora Office Business Case & Build – Whangarei Hospital
- Whenua Pupuke Clincial Skills Centre – North Shore Hospital
- Wairau Hospital – Nelson
Foodstuffs North Island
Foodstuffs North Island - PV Installation
RDT Pacific is providing Sustainable Advisement Services to Foodstuffs North Island for its new distribution centre and office. This project will see the install of the largest array of solar panels in the country on the roof of the Distribution Centre and a 5 Green Star rated office.
Foodstuffs North Island
Foodstuffs North Island - Support Office and Distribution Centre - Site Selection
RDT Pacific was engaged by Foodstuffs to manage the sourcing and site selection for both a new large (c. 75.000m2) distribution centre and a co-located head office for their North Island operations.