Steve is an experienced project manager, having been involved in several large and complex projects in both the public and private sector. With a background as a Civil / Structural Engineer, Steve has expert knowledge of technical building construction and seismic strengthening.
Before joining RDT in November 2015, Steve’s role was Project Manager for a start-up industrial project which included contracting with overseas companies for design and build of a specialist industrial plant to provide the first commercial-scale plant in the world to extract pine oleoresin from fresh pine chips.
Steve’s has previously worked as a Civil / Structural Engineer for over 20 years with experience in civil and structural design, geotechnical investigations and project management.
Steve’s experience covers a wide variety of sectors including, Commercial, Local Government, Industrial, and Infrastructure.
Qualifications and Memberships
- Bachelor of Civil Engineering (Hons)
- Diploma of Business Management
- Prince2 Foundation Certificate in Project Management
- Auckland University Project Management short course
- Site Safe Building Construction Passport (current)
- Pullman Hotel Rotorua
- WDHB CBD Offices, Podium Investments, Hamilton
- Tourism Rotorua (i-Site) Building – Seismic Upgrade and Refurbishment
- Rotorua Library and Child Health Hub – Seismic Upgrade and Refurbishment
- Chartwell Shopping Centre, Hamilton
- QE Health New Rehabilitation and Wellness Centre
- SCION High Voltage Network Upgrade
- Kinloch Club Villas & Lodge Development