Summerset Retirement Villages
As one of Summerset Management Group’s strategic partners, we supported the aged care specialist with several developments and consulting assignments between 2003 and 2010.
Summerset provides a “continuum of care” model and philosophy of providing affordable quality in its villages, which typically include duplex villas, serviced apartments, aged care facilities, administration buildings, community recreation centres and extensive landscaping.
RDT Pacific was involved in the following projects:
- Retirement Village, Manukau City ($43m) – staged development which commenced in 2005 (Stage 1) and was completed in 2009 (Stage 3)
- Retirement Village, Warkworth ($18m) – started planning in 2006 with completion in 2009
- Retirement Village, Hastings ($13M) – commenced planning in 2006 ending in 2009
- Retirement Village, Katikati – commenced planning in 2007 with completion in 2010
- Due diligence studies for potential land acquisition in New Plymouth, Blenheim and West and South Auckland
- Property Structure Plan for Summerset designed to support the organisation’s growth objectives. This included undertaking a GAP Analysis exercise for the Property function and prescribing a range of solutions to “bridge the gap”. This role involved working closely with the Senior Management Team and applying contemporary Corporate Real Estate philosophies (2005)
- Long term Maintenance Plan for all of Summerset’s villages (2005)
- Design Criteria Manual – used for developing project briefs (2005)
- Property Manual describing procedures and processes for managing the portfolio (2005)
- Development Manager (interim) for three villages under construction – Summerset seconded an RDT Pacific staff member to act as its representative on its Manukau, Aotea (Wellington) and Napier projects (2005-2008)
The above experience has provided RDT Pacific with a thorough understanding of common issues in the retirement village sector.