How we help
We can help clients balance growth with resiliency — achieving compliance with sustainable development certifications while reducing, or eliminating risks and protecting our natural environment.
At RDT Pacific, we aspire to have a positive influence on the world, so sustainability is at the heart of our work. We believe that delivering sustainable outcomes for current clients will make our business stronger in the long run. As project managers from diverse backgrounds, including architecture, building science, contracting, engineering and quantity surveying, we can assess and advise on environmentally sustainable design from all perspectives.
Environmentally sustainable buildings that use space, resources and energy effectively, repay their investment through many short- and long-term benefits:
- Lower utility and other operating costs
- Enhanced indoor air quality
- Smaller carbon footprint
- Compliance with government regulations
- Added value to properties
- Alignment with Corporate Social Responsibility goals
- Positive impact on staff attraction and retention
RDT Pacific is a member of the New Zealand Green Building Council (NZGBC), and our senior consultants include Green Star New Zealand Accredited Professionals. We are well placed to implement projects that aim for a Green Star Rating.
We aim to fully understand our clients’ and their stakeholders’ sustainability drivers so we can encourage the adoption of sustainable practices and solutions in all stages of their projects.
Our team’s ability to marry technical development knowledge, skill in project delivery and strategic advisory services can translate a client’s sustainability goals into a meaningful result. Our expertise spans carbon, water, waste and energy, economics and planning and management skills ranging from advisory services to organisational behaviour.
We can provide best practice sustainable advisement throughout the life cycle of a project: planning, implementation, operation/management, and end-of-life.
What we can do:
- Manage Green Star certification process
- Provide regenerative development advice
- Financial modelling for sustainable development
- Solar panel feasibility modelling
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation advice
- Health, social, and environmental impact assessment
- Low carbon development
- Strategic environmental assessment
- Sustainability appraisal and assessment
- Sustainability planning and strategy
- Waste minimisation
- Environmental impact monitoring
Foodstuffs North Island
Foodstuffs North Island - PV Installation
RDT Pacific is providing Sustainable Advisement Services to Foodstuffs North Island for its new distribution centre and office. This project will see the install of the largest array of solar panels in the country on the roof of the Distribution Centre and a 5 Green Star rated office.