Pullman Hotel Rotorua
RDT Pacific provided Project Management and Engineer to the Contract services to the Arawa Project for the conversion of an existing, distinctive mirror glass, nine-storey commercial office building, constructed in 1987, into the 130 room 5-Star Pullman Hotel. The hotel is Rotorua’s first 5-Star hotel and features an executive lounge, five conference rooms, a 100-seat restaurant and gym.
In the heart of Rotorua, the Pullman Hotel commands exceptional 360-degree views of Lake Rotorua and the surrounding caldera and overlooks the historic Bath House and Tourism Centre.
RDT Pacific applied a rigorous and effective communications plan to the project, ensuring communication was consistently maintained and sufficient between the client, designers and contractors.
The project scope involved:
- Complete removal of the internal office fit out and services
- New hotel fit out to Pullman standards
- Modernisation of the existing lifts
- 100-seat restaurant
- Constrained inner city site located in central Rotorua with access limitations to the site and constraints on delivery of materials up the existing building
- Existing curtain wall façade maintained and refurbished acoustic and fire separation of hotel rooms within a building designed as an office building
- High proportion of client-supplied items, materials and separate contractors
- Extensive work with an interior designer based overseas.
- 2020 Property Council of New Zealand Property Industry Awards, Tourism and Leisure Property Award - Merit