Te Aratai College, Ōtautahi Christchurch
RDT Pacific were Project Managers and Engineer to the Contract on behalf of the Ministry of Education for this state-of-the-art school which involved a full rebuild post-demolition of all buildings on a brownfield site.
The award-winning design embraces whanaungatanga – community, kōrero – conversation and personalised student success with flexible learning spaces that respond to the teaching and learning needs at that moment.
Te Aratai College (formerly Linwood College) was part of the Christchurch Schools Rebuild (CSR) Programme. RDT Pacific was engaged as the external Project Manager and Engineer to the Contract on behalf of the Ministry of Education.
The school was decanted offsite for the duration of the rebuild and the project completed in a single stage (demolition of the buildings and construction of the new buildings).
- Demolition of all existing buildings on site including the removal of asbestos and any other contaminated materials from all existing buildings in accordance with the demolition specifications
- Make good areas of demolition that will not have a building constructed in its place in accordance with the approved landscape plans
- Treatment and/or removal of contaminated soil from the site before construction commencement
- Construction of new teaching and non-teaching spaces in accordance with the approved/consented documentations
- Construction of a new Kimihia Teen Parent Unit
- Construction of a new licensable Early Childhood Education Facility.
RDT Pacific provided a full suite of services including governance to the extensive stakeholder consultation process with the school, Board of Trustees and Ministry of Education representatives from the Master Planning and early design stages.
- 2023 New Zealand Commercial Project Awards - Gold Award Winner
- 2022 Property Council of New Zealand Property Industry Awards, Education and Arts Property Award - Excellence / Best in Category