Pullman Hotel Rotorua
RDT Pacific provided Project Management and Engineer to the Contract services to Arawa Project for the conversion of an existing, distinctive mirror-glass, 9-storey commercial office building, constructed in 1987, into the 130 room 5 Star Pullman Hotel.
The hotel is the Rotorua’s first 5-Star Hotel and features an executive lounge, five conference rooms, 100-seat restaurant and gym.
The building is in the heart of Rotorua and commands exceptional 360-degree views of Lake Rotorua and the surrounding caldera and overlooks the historic Bath House and Tourism Centre.
RDT Pacific applied a rigorous and effective communications plan to the project always ensuring communication was maintained and sufficient between the client, designers and contractors.
The project scope involved:
- complete removal of the internal office fitout and services
- new hotel fitout to Pullman standards
- modernisation of the existing lifts
- 100-seat restaurant
- constrained inner city site located in central Rotorua with access limitations to the site and constraints on delivery of materials up the existing building
- existing curtain wall façade maintained and refurbished
- acoustic and fire separation of hotel rooms within a building designed as an office building
- high proportion of client supplied items, materials and separate contractors
- extensive work with an interior designer based overseas